5 Ways Effective Leaders Ask for Feedback
2. Focus on External Perspectives to Broaden Ideas
In our post about stoking curiosity, we encouraged you to facilitate transformative discussions by flipping your perspective – i.e., making a “deliberate effort to adopt a point of view from outside your team, your organization or even your industry.” To implement this mindset, Rockwell suggests soliciting feedback by posing questions, such as…
- What actions are we taking as a team to show others we consider their perspectives?
- What actions are we taking as a team that might be interpreted as devaluing other perspectives?
- Are we taking any actions that make it difficult for others to see our perspective?
- What actions can we take this week to clarify and articulate our perspective?
- What actions can we take this week to seek and understand another group’s perspective?